–Capon Springs & Farms — Located just 6 miles from the start/finish line, Capon Springs and Farms offers both meals and lodging to runners and their families. While Capon is an all-inclusive resort, it goes out of its way to provide a rate that most participants can afford. Runners receive a special discount when spending one night or two. Spouses and other adults in the party who do not run the race also receive this discount, provided they spend BOTH nights. Rates for 2013 that include lodging options with private bath:
Friday Night Only, May 18
Runners Only $40 off normal group rates = $102 which includes Friday dinner and overnight lodging, all taxes and gratuities.
Other adults in Party = $142 which includes Friday dinner, overnight lodging, breakfast and lunch on Saturday, all taxes and gratuities
Saturday Night Only, May 19
Runners Only $40 off normal group rates = $102 which includes Saturday dinner and overnight lodging, breakfast and lunch on Sunday, all taxes and gratuities
Other adults in Party = $142 which includes Saturday dinner, overnight lodging, breakfast and lunch on Sunday, all taxes and gratuities
BOTH Friday and Saturday nights, May 18 and May 19
Runners Only–$40 off normal group rates BOTH Nights for a total of $80 off!
$102 per person per night ($204 total) that includes lodging both nights and 4 meals (breakfast and lunch Saturday excluded because of the race), all taxes and gratuities
Other adults in Party–$40 off normal group rates BOTH Nights for a total of $80 off! $102 per person per night ($204 total) that includes lodging both nights, a total of 6 meals, all taxes and gratuities
Full service spa available (massage, reflexology, hot baths) to overnight runners and guests 304-874-3004 ten.niatnuomnull@aiegyH Advanced reservations highly recommended
Reservations through website: www.caponsprings.net
Reservations through email: Email Us Here
Reservations by phone: 304-874-3695
There are several nice B&B¹s in the area that fill up quickly:
– The Asa Cline House B&B has been a sponsor of the race since its inception and is situated on the property adjacent to the local Ruritan, the start of the race. Enjoy the spaghetti “dinner of a champion” Friday night before the race and a runner’s breakfast Saturday morning of the race. The start of the race is a pleasant warm-up walk/jog from the B&B. Enjoy rooms with private baths and queen beds (one room has twin beds) or the carriage house (a self contained one-bedroom apartment with kitchen, living room and day beds in addition to the queen bed in the bedroom). Guests can enjoy hot showers after the race as well as soaking in the spa. For information or reservations, check their website www.asaclinehouse.com or contact John & Merrie Hammond directly: Email Us Here or 866-665-4115.
– About 6 miles away, The Country Inn at High View is a sponsor of our race for 2013 has great accommodations and a unit that could be family-friendly, “The Granary” – a charming self-contained apartment-like space. Call Gail & Grant Johnson at 304.856.1415, and/or check out their website (www.thecountryinnathighview.com)
– And, along the Cacapon River, James & Kathleen Dixon offer two rooms with a shared bath, or outdoor camping space at their facility. They can be reached at 304.874.3656 or via e-mail at Email Us Here chances are you will need to leave a message & they will call you back.
Also in the area near Yellow Spring [and three miles from the start/finish at Ruritan Park], a local retreat center has dorm-style (bunk bed) accommodations available. High View House at Concord Retreat is a heated/air-conditioned single story brick house in the woods with 8 individual bedrooms (2 bunks per room) and shared (residential-style) bathrooms. The house has large open areas for relaxing before or after the run. No TV or computer connections. The rate is $30 per person , per night, double occupancy (plus tax & county lodging fees). Most guests bring their own linens, and/or sleeping bags but linens are available for $15. Payments are required in advance by cash or check only. For more information email Email Us Here or call toll free 866.833.2929 ]
The next closest option is The Hayfield Motel, about 18 miles from Yellow Spring. It was probably built in the 1950′s at the height of the “motor hotel” era. It is right along a major road (Rt. 50), but sits back a little, so there probably isn’t too much traffic noise. There is a convenience store nearby and two small restaurants within less than a mile. The Hayfield can be reached for rates & information at 540.877.1019 Another ’50′s style motel a bit closer to Winchester (and about 22 miles from Yellow Spring) is The Mohawk Motel. They advertise having in-room telephones & cable/color TV’s. They are right on the main road, near convenience stores and gas stations. Their phone number is 540.667.1410.
And, about 10 miles south of Yellow Spring, in nearby Wardensville, there is a small (3 room!) facility called See¹s Motel. See¹s has been in business for over 70 years, and has phones & TV.¹s in the rooms. It is not fancy, and it is right on the main street, in the midst of residential and commercial establishments, so staying there can be a bit of an adventure, but runners have stayed there, before. They do not accept credit cards. They can be reached at 304.874.3666.
Winchester, VA Accommodations
If you would prefer more traditional/contemporary hotels, Winchester, Virginia is the nearest town with a wide selection. From any of the Winchester facilities you should allow at least 45 minutes to reach the start/finish area at Ruritan Park. There are too many hotels in Winchester to list here, but below are the names & phone numbers for the newest hotels in the area that are closest (or most convenient to the Interstate which might make your access to the 50K a bit easier)… All of the facilities in the list advertise amenities including in-room coffee makers, free continental breakfasts, cable TV, high speed internet connections, etc. The corporate parent company can also be found on the internet for online reservations:
– Courtyard by Marriott (Rt 50 West) – the newest AND closest of all Winchester facilities. Toll free 800.31.2211 Local 540.678.8822
– Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott (at 522 South) – Toll free 888-236-2427 Local: 540.665.8881
– Hampton Inn & Conference Center (Rt 7 and I-81) – Toll-free: 888.254.0637 Local: 540.678.4000
–Hilton Garden – NEW Property (120 Wingate Drive - 1.1 miles from I-81) Local: (540) 722-8881 Fax: (540) 722-8889
– Holiday Inn Express (at 522 North) - Toll free: 888.465.4329…. Hotel Front Desk: 540.667.7050.
– The Sleep Inn (at 522 South) - Toll free: 877.424.6423…. Local: 540.667.7636
Winchester also has other popular hotels, including an Econo Lodge, Shoney’s, Wingate Inn, Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn and a variety of small independent hotels.
Other Lodging in Hampshire County
If you are coming from the west or just wish to see more of scenic Hampshire County, you might consider the following:
Just Far Enough Getaway — a 3-BR/2 BA vacation rental on Hoy Rd. in Augusta– (http://www.JustFarEnough.com)
The South Branch Inn — a recently built motel east of Romney on Rt.50. (http://www.southbranchinn.com)
The Hampshire County Visitors’ Bureau’s website (http://www.ComeToHampshire.com) includes other options.
If you are thinking of RV camping, Winchester has a good place called Candy
Hill Campground. They offer RV hookups for water, electric & sewer, as well
as a game room, lounge, vending machines and small store. They can be
reached at 540.662.8010.
Or, if you had tent camping in mind, the Ruritan grounds (the start/finish
site of The Run) is open on a first-come/first-served basis to runners who
want to set up tents. There are outdoor showers & toilets available. There
are no other amenities for campers, and it is best reserved for those who
really prefer the more rustic approach.
Map to Local Accommodations